All Things Lesbian Social Network Too!

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Girl on Girl: A Documentary About Feminine Lesbians

When I was contacted about this project, I was extremely excited.

The issue of femme lesbian invisibility both within the LGBTQ community and in the straight world is something I've wanted to write about for a long time on All Things Lesbian for two reasons.

One reason being that there are an array of ridiculous, false myths surrounding feminine lesbians particularly among straight people - the main misconception being that we don't even exist. The other reason (which is more important to me personally), is that when around members of the LGBTQ community, I find that I'm overlooked as a femme, and I'm often not included in debates surrounding issues regarding sexual orientation simply because I don't "look" gay.

Does any of this sound familiar to you?

If so, Girl on Girl might be the project for you.


Girl on Girl is a documentary which stars the lovely ladies above and a bunch of other feminine lesbians of varying race, class and age groups.

What do they aim to do? Not only does Girl on Girl attempt to represent the femme community, but it also tries to educate those who do not identify with this particular label and de-bunks some of the aforementioned myths.

I strongly urge everyone to check out the trailer below, whether you are male, female, gay or straight, because you might learn something.



Check out the project's official website at http://www.girlongirlmovie.com.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GirlOnGirlMovie
Twitter: https://twitter.com/girlongirlmovie

1 comment:

Natja's Natterings said...

Interesting, thank you!!!