All Things Lesbian Social Network Too!

Wednesday 10 August 2016

REVIEW: Lesbian Web Series "Dagger Kiss"

by Lauren W

When the star of Dagger Kiss, Tucky Williams, approached me to write a little something on her new lesbian web series (which she wrote herself) I'm not gonna lie, my first thought was "ugh, not another lesbian web series".

As the creator of this blog, I am constantly sent web series to view and after a while it became apparent that the majority of them were samey: cliche story lines and the odd love scene.

This is where Dagger Kiss (nicely) surprised me.


Not only was I surprised that there was something that actually resembled a plot, Dagger's main three stars can actually act.

Because of their talent (amongst other things) I found myself quickly falling in love with all three of them. And I'm not exaggerating. They all gave me major heart eyes at one point or another.

One of the most refreshing things about this web series was that they didn't shy away from the gay. I guess that's what you get when an actual lesbian writes the series; they know what their audience wants to see.

Right from the first episode, they dive in (pun intended) with sweet lady kisses in an enchanted forest. Sorry, did I spring the enchanted forest thing on you a little there? That's right, this series is also fantasy themed - another thing I found particularly original about Dagger Kiss. Every other lesbian-themed web series I've seen has focused on real life situations. Why not give us something out of the ordinary? I mean, a vast array of genres are what the Straights have been enjoying since time began.


I can't lie to you here either: I binge-watched the entire series in one go.

Because the episodes are all around 10 minutes or less, it makes for premium quality binge-watching. Viewing them all at once made the whole thing seem like a cute indie film rather than a TV show and that's not a bad thing.

When it comes down to it, Dagger Kiss is one of the best lesbian web series I've seen thus far. If you hadn't heard of Williams before now, this will certainly leave you wanting more.

You can watch Dagger Kiss for free through the links on their official website HERE.

No comments: