All Things Lesbian Social Network Too!

Thursday 8 January 2015

TV FANGIRL MOMENT OF THE WEEK: Is Paily No More?

by Lauren W

Firstly, Happy New Year!

Secondly, I'm excited to tell you all about the new segment I dreamt up in my haze of watching too much television over the holidays.

"TV Fangirl Moment of the Week" is it's name, and, well, it's pretty self-explanatory what that entails. In short, I'm gonna tell you what I've been fan-girling the most over this week in television, and hopefully you'll let me know of some of your favourite television moments each week in the comments or on our Twitter!

So, here we go. My first ever TV fangirl moment of the week is...

Image Credit: dangerousdaydreamers via Tumblr
I'm sorry to kickstart this new segment with something so sad but... MY PAILY HEART IS IN PAIN, YOU GAYS.

This week in Pretty Little Liars' Winter Premiere, power "teenage" lesbian couple Emily Fields (Shay Mitchell) and Paige McCullers (Lindsey Shaw) said goodbye to one another in a pool full of tears. (Now, I'm not saying that I know Paige killed Mona (Janel Parrish) and that's why she's really leaving, but it's just a thought... Actually scrap that. I'm convinced she did it.)

Television has a habit of giving lesbian couples ridiculously heart-breaking airport scenes, (yes, this one was all too reminiscent of Calzona's airport break-up in season 7 of Grey's Anatomy), but somehow I am never prepared for it to happen over and over again.

Obviously I'm classing this moment as one to fan-girl over just because that final kiss goodbye sent a tingle to my otherwise cold and icy heart.

I'm also finding a little bit of solitude in the thought that this is probably not the last we've seen of Paige. She's a fan-favourite, and I think creator I. Marlene King has killed off far too many lesbians on this show already. Put it this way: at least Paige isn't dead. For now.

So, because this could be the last time we see Paige in a while, I've made this my first ever TV fan-girl moment of the week. My heart is bleeding.


Honourable Mention:

Image Credit: Valkubus via Tumblr
TAMSIN (Rachel Skarsten) AND BO (Anna Silk) HAD SEX ON LOST GIRL AND THEN HAD A MAJOR POST-COITAL HEART TO HEART AFTERWARDS. THANK YOU, TELEVISION GODS.

What did you fan-girl most over on television this week? 

Let me know in the comments below! (Or via our Twitter: http://twitter.com/allthingsles).

No comments: